Our team, Dragados USA, Inc. and Flatiron West, Inc. collectively known as DFJV, brings the necessary HSR experience to successfully complete the California High-Speed Rail Construction Package 2-3 Project. The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is responsible for the planning, design, construction and operation of the first high-speed rail system in the nation. The California High-Speed Rail System will connect the mega-regions of the State, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands.
Construction Package 2-3 is a 65.5-mile route located within the counties of Fresno, Tulare, and Kings and the cities of Hanford, Corcoran and Allensworth. The Project calls for construction of a grade separated railway for a high speed train, relocation of existing BNSF and UPRR tracks, crossing of existing BNSF railroad tracks, construction of waterway and wildlife crossings, and roadway reconstructions, relocations, and closure as well as over a thousand utility relocations.
The almost $1.5 billion design-build contract will bring thousands of jobs to the Central Valley. The route will also provide environmental benefits, relieve roadway congestion, grade separate numerous railroad crossings and spur economic development.
DRAGADOS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering preferred
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience working with Major Contractor.
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project accounting, project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), materials management, contract management, subcontract management, safety and quality. Track records of successfully planning and executing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to apply, interpret and understand contract law and language.
- Experience in building at least one or more of the following: roads, highways and bridges.
- Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Knowledge and experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills are required. Experience at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects. Capable of developing an execution plan in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Schedule and plan Staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations, including actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project.
- Interpret design drawings and contribute to optimum, innovative and efficient solutions
- Provides technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment.
- Anticipates potential roadblocks and develops solutions to prevent issue from arising.
- Reviews project contractual documents to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials and equipment requirements), necessary to complete the project within the required time frame.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts and revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrate ability to control costs and schedules. Must be able to verify estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
- Possess strong problem solving abilities to address and solve design and build challenges associated with construction operations.
- Coordinates with department managers to establish work plans and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Organizes and conducts meetings with projects staff and management to communicate information related to each function’s needed concerning project requirements. Ability to communicate with a vast range of support entities.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Experience in leading multiple crews, superintendents, engineers and operations including associated QC/QA and safety requirements.
- Leads project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the designs, budgets and schedules. Confers with project staff to ensure the assigned duties and responsibilities are performed per agreed upon expectation.
- Monitors and oversees onsite activities, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors. While performing these essentials job functions, the employee is required to frequently inspect and supervise job operations and may be exposed to ongoing construction. Ability to access all areas of a jobsite is required for the position to review the work progress on daily basis.
- Develops and manages customer relationship and expectations, progress reports, communication, paperwork, meetings, etc.