Waste Water Treatment Commissioning Coordinator
Echowater BNR, Elk Grove, California
- The Commissioning Coordinator shall organize, plan, provide schedule information to the Senior Construction Manager, coordinate, and direct all commissioning testing, maintenance, and training.
- Reviews project contractual documents to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials and equipment requirements), necessary to complete the project within the required time frame.
- Develops an execution plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Verifies estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
- Coordinates with department manager to establish work plans and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Organizes and conducts meetings with projects staff and management to communicate information related to each function’s needed concerning project requirements.
- Develops and manages customer relationship and expectations, progress reports, communication, paperwork, meetings, etc.
- Leads project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the designs, budgets and schedules.
- Takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations.
- Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project.
- Confers with project staff to ensure the assigned duties and responsibilities are performed per agreed upon expectation.
- Monitors and oversees onsite activities, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors.
- Oversees financial aspects of contracts.
- Provides technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment.
- Anticipates potential roadblocks and develops solutions to prevent issue from arising.
- Resolves any problems that may arise during project execution.
- Implements and monitors safety programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Fifteen (15) years of related experience; construction and management experience required in Waste Water Treatment Plants or similar projects
- Experience in large civil infrastructure projects.
- Professional Engineer License valued
- Federal, state and local knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge with Primavera P6 Scheduling Software is a plus
- Knowledge with HCSS Heavy Job labor and equipment tracking Software is a plus
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach
- Must possess knowledge and application of construction estimating, costs, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications and practices
- Must possess understanding of contracts, documents, drawings and specifications
- Physical Demands
- Position will require the occasional physical ability to climb, and function in elevation changes by means of self-propulsion to include ladders, scaffolding and hoist systems
- Ability to negotiate construction work areas in a safe manner and behavior
- Work Environment
- Performing the duties, the employee will regularly be in an active on site construction environment where they will be exposed to moving mechanical components & equipment, fumes and/or airborne particles, weather conditions and noise
- This position will require working in a field office setting at the project site
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
Dragados USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer