Job Title: Chief Estimator
Reports to: VP of Estimating
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
- Organizes strategic plan for pursuit of identified projects
- Reviews and assesses market data with VP Estimating and business development team to accurately prepare bids for proposals.
- Preparation of bids.
- Must have the ability and experience to prepare project schedule from scratch.
- Works closely with management and legal teams to review local and federal regulations to ensure all are covered for proposals.
- Pursues, builds and maintains strong relationships in the industry to enable effective communication/ties to the local market.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Engineering and Design of complex construction projects
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in, Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
- At least (15) years of experience in project management / Estimating
- Knowledge and experience of construction practices in the Western US region.
- Capacity to organize and manage large teams.
- Extensive knowledge in the area of cost for labor, materials, etc. to accurately prepare bids.
- Ability to review and address technical issues with solutions in a timely manner.
- Travel is required as needed
- Knowledge and experience with HCSS HeavyBid, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER