Job Description: (Brief Summary/Statement)
Cydecor is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst to provide DON Acquisition Workforce (AWF) planning, policy support, and program analysis to the DON Director, Acquisition Career Management (DACM). The Candidate shall provide expert, senior-level support for the development of strategies and technical support services on legislative, policy, and procedural matters related to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Qualified candidates will have familiarity with Navy Acquisition and Echelon I Command Level Professionalism. The DON DACM is responsible for the interpretation and implementation of the requirements mandated by DAWIA.
- Provide analysis of OSD and Congressional initiatives, determination of impacts to DON, and recommendations for DON-level implementation
- Support analysis of current and future needs of the AWF, or elements of the DAWIA management program to resolve an issue or make program enhancements
- Attend conferences and meetings, as required and authorized by the DACM, to keep abreast of DAWIA policies and guidelines
- Initiate, develop, draft, and submit DON career management policies, procedural changes, and/or implementing guidance to the respective Government POC
- Assist in monitoring DON compliance with established program/system policies and implementing guidance and propose and implement corrective actions
- Provide Echelon 1 Command Level professional services to assist with strategic AWF issues such as managing the AWF as a long term program, attracting quality personnel, improving the knowledge and skills of the AWF, maintaining the very highest professional standards throughout the AWF, and developing courses of action (COAs) to impact AWF related decisions across the Naval portfolio
- Provide policy expertise to DACM or participate in integrated teams to solve problems or make improvements to DACM programs and/or initiatives. Team meetings may require travel to an off-site location which will be authorized in advanced, as required
- Generate draft reports, white papers, and briefs, as assigned, including but not limited to: Quarterly DACM Briefs to PEOs and SYSCOMs, quarterly DACM Briefs for Acquisition Career Council
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 or more years’ experience in Navy Acquisitions/Career Management Experience
- DAWIA III Program Management or Systems Integration Personnel desired
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.