Cydecor is seeking a Financial Program Manager to support PMS 317’s mission to design, build, outfit, and test LPD 17 Program amphibious transport dock ships, and to provide for maintenance and logistics support throughout their 40-year service life. With more than half of the ships delivered, and all ships awarded, the focus of PMS 317 activities has shifted from design to ship production.
- Provide advice and support in all areas of DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting
- Assist in the preparation of financial data to be entered in ERP that will be executed by the PARMs for all platforms
- Provide financial and management services using NAVSEA financial tools (including Standard Accounting and Reporting System (STARS), ERP, PRISMs, AUTODOC) in the areas of budget, execution, and reporting
- Provide detailed reports regarding the financial status of the programs suitable for PAPM use
- Review, monitor, and assist the Program Office to recommend the correct appropriations when budgeting and executing
- Provide financial analysis and execution, with a focus on cost estimating, program planning and analysis, budget preparation and justification, funds execution, contract analysis and earned value
- Team with internal/external cost estimators to assist with total program cost estimating, to include life cycle cost estimating, Provide expertise regarding each type of cost modeling technique (i.e. Analogy, Parametric, Engineering, and Actual Cost)
- Assist in the production of detailed cost analysis studies such as cost benefit analysis, Total Ownership Cost (TOC) analysis, Should Cost/Will Cost analysis, historical appropriation financial analysis, review of Participating Acquisition Resource Manager (PARM) financial and execution efforts including historical program financial analysis, and cost impact of changes in production rates and delivery schedules
- Assist with the preparation of program cost tradeoff analyses and assessments of proposed impacts
- Prepare various types of financial briefing documentation and program resource-related metrics to include, but not limited to: performance, schedules, and the status of shipbuilding and post-delivery costs, as necessary
- Assist with the development of program documentation that delineates all resource-related deliverable items and schedules
- Assist with the identification and analysis of technical issues to support the preparation of the Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Comptroller Benchmarks, and/or President’s Budget, OMB, OSD, and FMB Budget submissions Interface with PMS 317 personnel, field activities, PMS 317 contractors and other PEO and PARM managers to collect, assess, analyze, interpret and collate POM and budget data and justification to support budget submissions
- Assist in review of ERP budget and project structures
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, or a related field, and 10 years’ experience in related field with 5 years’ experience demonstrating in-depth experience and specialized knowledge in field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of directly related experience supporting DOD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE), with emphasis on program planning and analysis, budget preparation and justification and funds execution. At least ten years’ experience in Appropriation law and policy and regulations (SCN, O&MN, RDTE, OPN).
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience using DoD financial accounting systems. Examples are: Program Budget Information System (PBIS), NAVSEA Headquarters System (NHS), Standard Accounting and Reporting System (STARS), Mechanization of Contract Administration Services System (MOCAS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOD program management and business management.
- Demonstrated experience in contract analysis and Earned Value Management (EVM) analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) capabilities and program requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD program management, technical, or business management.
- Demonstrated understanding of DoD program analysis support and has knowledge of DoD systems acquisitions in the technical or program area specified in task order.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in finance or business administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or DAU Level III Financial Management or Program Management
- Experience with DoD/DoN procedures and Policies (DoD 5000 process)
- Experience communicating with SES/Flag level personnel
- Active SECRET security clearance required
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.