Cydecor is seeking a Program Manager to support PMS 317’s mission to design, build, outfit, and test LPD 17 Program amphibious transport dock ships by overseeing business and financial management (BFM) and integrated logistics (ILS) support. With more than half of the ships delivered, and all ships awarded, the focus of PMS 317 activities has shifted from design to ship production. Tasks across the Statement of Work for this procurement will be executed in various locations including Washington D.C.; Pascagoula, MS; San Diego, CA; and Norfolk, VA.
- Provide support integral to the execution of PMS 317 Acquisition Program under the cognizance of the PMS 317 (Government) Program Manager
- Effectively coordinate LPD Program support efforts or other future amphibious acquisition programs’ efforts with various NAVSEA Offices and field activities, external Navy and Government organizations, Prime Contractors, and other support contractors
- Assist in performing program monitoring and control efforts, including critical path management, forecasting upcoming and recurring PMS 317 Program events; planning and preparation for critical events and establishment and implementation of other control methods tailored to requirements including development of Milestone charts, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), schedules, and timelines
- Provide formal management systems and processes to manage work schedule and cost, specifications, configuration management, and product quality assurance
- Establish and control technical milestones, schedules, budgets and costs
- Evaluate issues and provide recommendations related to ship, ship system, and information system cost, schedule, and performance
- Provide program definition, organization, and direction of short- and long-range plans
- Manage the technical studies, problem resolution, and life-cycle monitoring work
- Manage development and decision basis of performance-based specifications, circulars of requirements, and other specifications
- Provide executive level support and liaison functions with Navy, DoD, Congress and other agencies and organizations
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, Economics, Project Management, or related field required, or 15 years’ relevant experience with 5 years’ experience demonstrating in-depth experience and specialized knowledge in field.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional experience in the Defense acquisition process, program management, technical, or business management. Three (3) years of the experience must have been in the previous five (5) years, in support of DoD program management.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD program management, technical, or business management.
- Demonstrated understanding of DoD program analysis support and has knowledge of DoD systems acquisitions in the technical or program area specified in task order.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in engineering or business management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or DAU Level III Program Management
- 20 years DoD/Navy program management
- Experience with DoD/DoN procedures and Policies (DoD 5000 process)
- Experience communicating with SES/Flag level personnel
- Active SECRET security clearance required
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.