Administrative Specialist (West)
|Location:||Imperial Beach, CA|
|Project Name:||NSWG10 SRT Support|
Job Responsibilities: This position serves as a Travel Specialist for SRT-1. The Travel Specialist will operate under direct supervision of the SRT-1 Operations Officer. This position supports administrative tasks which include but are not limited to: travel, managing and maintenance of travel databases, support of DTS administration, and assistance with daily deployment reporting input and verification.
1. Assist with military and civilian travel payments, and administrative maintenance of the Defense Travel System (DTS).
2. Analyzes and audits travel authorizations and travel reimbursement vouchers for completeness, accuracy and proper expenditure of Federal funds.
3. Screens and verifies all receipts, certifies vouchers, monitors accounts payable, obligation balances.
4. Conducts liaison with Consolidated Travel Office (CTO) for arrangement of travel to localities internal and external to CONUS.
5. Processes the submissions of travel vouchers via DTS by military and DOD civilian personnel within five (5) working days after completion of travel. Ensures vouchers are correct and comply with Federal Travel Regulations. Contacts travelers regarding receipt or erroneous documentation required for payment.
6. Provides SRT Administrative departments with copies of orders and order modifications to ensure tax-free compensation when applicable.
7. Provides technical travel and DTS guidance to military personnel in travel voucher review functions. Responsible for training travel personnel in a high turnover environment.
8. Assist with management of government travel card accounts for military personnel.
Qualifications/Pre-requisites: Prior DOD experience-minimum of four years preferred. Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related programs. Contractors must be SECRET cleared.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results