Job Description: (Brief Summary/Statement)
Cydecor is seeking a technical writer with DoD technical writing experience to support of the office of the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), Director of Navy Staff (DNS), Director of Management (DNS-3). Position provides technical support to DNS-3 Program Office in support of DNS-35 Navy Awards/Veterans Awards Programs and DNS-36 Navy Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) & Privacy Act (PA) Programs.
- Perform technical writing research and editing functions to prepare briefings, manuals, and other contract deliverables to meet contract requirements and responds to requests for information.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments with proper order, clarity, conciseness, and terminology.
- Create, disseminate, and maintain technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Government, Economics, Project Management, or a related field is required.
- Knowledge of the organization, function, and operation of the Department of the Navy (DON) is required.
- Ability to rapidly familiarize self with new systems and adapt quickly for on-the-job training is required.
- Knowledge of full capabilities of the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel) is required, expert usage is preferred.
- Experience managing Navy Department Awards Web Service (NDAWS) or similar DoD awards database program (Army or Air Force) is preferred.
- Knowledge of management information system/office automation applications, principles and practices with FOIA tracking and the congressional Annual reporting process. e.g. SharePoint, FOIAOnline is preferred.
- Familiarity with LexisNexis and Relativity Discovery software is preferred.
- Active SECRET clearance is required; active TOP SECRET clearance is preferred.
- US Citizenship is required.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.