Cydecor is seeking a senior technical writer with established DoD technical writing experience to support of the office of the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), Director of Navy Staff (DNS), Director of Management (DNS-3). Position provides technical support to DNS-3 Program Office in support of DNS-35 Navy Awards/Veterans Awards Programs and DNS-36 Navy Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) & Privacy Act (PA) Programs.
- Design, plan, write, and produce documentation including reports, manuals and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Review and edit documents developed by others for accuracy and quality of content, organization, language, format consistency and conformance with established standards
- Ensures that final documents meet contract requirements and regulations.
- For DNS-36 position, serve as Government Information Specialist for FOIA/PA issues.
- 2+ years of directly-relevant experience in support of DON or DoD customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Government, Economics, Project Management, or a related field is required.
- Knowledge of the DNS-3 organization, Department of the Navy (DON), Department of Defense (DoD), or other DoD agencies is preferred.
- Ability to rapidly familiarize self with new systems and adapt quickly for on-the-job training is required.
- Knowledge of full capabilities of the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel) is required, expert usage is preferred.
- Quick familiarity with DON (primary) awards systems is required; experience managing Navy Department Awards Web Service (NDAWS) or similar DoD awards database program is preferred.
- For DNS-36 positions, knowledge of management information system/office automation applications, and principles and practices with FOIA tracking in accordance with Freedom of Information Act is preferred.
- Proficiency in legal research and specific FOIA/PA case law, the Act and its detailed statutory guidelines is preferred.
- Experience processing sensitive, complex, classified legal cases is preferred.
- Active SECRET clearance is required; active TOP SECRET clearance is preferred.
- US Citizenship is required.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.