- Serve as a Quality Assurance technical expert at NSWG-3 DET LCRK in support of Naval Quality Assurance (QA) programs supporting the development of Dry Combatant Submersibles (DCS), SEAL Delivery Vehicle (SDV), Dry Deck Shelters (DDS), Scope of Certification (SOC), Shallow Water Combat Submersibles (SWCS), and other assets assigned to NSWG-3 DET LCRK.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, and monitor and evaluate policy, methodology, procedures, training, and maintenance relative to quality assurance for all systems listed above and future projects involving QA work.
- Ensure the highest state of material and operational readiness for all assets assigned to NSWG-3 DET LCRK.
- Provide NSWG-3 DET LCRK with advice and guidance for achieving and maintaining quality throughout the maintenance cycle of all assets. Serve as the QA expert consultant and advisor on SOC requirements and procedures for maintaining certification on all assets.
- Provide expert interpretation of quality standards, documents, direction and guidance. Review, analyze, and resolve broad and varied quality assurance functional issues and problems. Conduct on-site audits and surveillances of quality programs.
- Maintain, enforce, monitor and train on quality maintenance and all aspects of the quality assurance program. The Quality Assurance Program includes but is not limited to; training and qualifications, material control, QA records and record retention, departure from specifications, cleanliness controls, technical documentation, calibration requirements, Scope of Certification (SOC), and audit and surveillance requirements. Advise on corrective actions and documentation of all discrepancies identified to ensure quality maintenance and system integrity on all certified assets assigned to NSWG-3 DET LCRK.
- Ensure all maintenance, materials, and certification for assets assigned to NSWG-3 DET LCRK are in accordance with the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM), SOC Notebook, System Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems (P9290) and any other Organizational requirements. This includes the review of all Controlled Work Packages (CWP) and Re-Entry Control (REC) Exempt packages for approval, completeness, and compliance with certification requirements. A complete review ensures all CWP’s contain the correct and current revision of the Formal Work Package (FWP), drawings, Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRC), test procedures, Objective Quality Evidence (OQE), Cleanliness Requirements, supply documentation, transfer of custody documentation, and component testing and certification documentation. In doing a complete review of all certification documents the incumbent is responsible for ensuring proper material is installed and documented and that the appropriate maintenance procedures were used IAW all applicable references.
- Responsible for the QA Training and Qualifications of all NSWG-3 DET LCRK personnel. This includes developing training plans to meet JFMM and QA-14 requirements, tracking all QA and O2 Clean qualifications for all maintenance personnel, and ensuring all newly reported personnel receive the required SOC training.
- Work performed has significant effect on the overall maintenance and operation of Deep Submergence Systems (DSS) assets configured for submarine use, submarine systems and all DSS assets assigned to NSWG-3 DET LCRK and at locations throughout the world which support the fleet. Moreover, because the systems and equipment involved affect the safety of all shipboard based personnel, systems and equipment, the responsibilities vested are of significance through the fleet.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ten (10) plus years relevant work experience.
- Expert knowledge and substantial working experience relating to DDS-SOC systems and sub-systems; quality assurance government and agency regulations, policies, guidelines and operational methods; DSS and SOC recertification processes; Navy / NSW command structure and organization; NSW manned submersibles and assets; the maintenance, scope of certification, repair, and modernization of NSW submersibles.
- Mastery of quality assurance concepts, principles, and methodology in support of NSWG-3 DET LCRK worldwide. Expert knowledge of the commands missions and a firm understanding of the commands operational programs which requires exercising complex work assignments and studies to develop, implement and control major policies and procedures for product quality and product safety.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships and gaining cooperation of various levels of management, supervisors, and co-workers on complex or controversial issues.
Travel: Required, approximately 20%
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.