Cydecor is seeking Senior Mechanical Engineers to support engineering and management requirements for the NSWC Crane Small Arms Weapons Systems Division (JXQ). Crane Division is a component of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA). The site is located in Crane IN, which is in southern Indiana approximately 70 miles southwest of Indianapolis IN. The Small Arms Weapon Systems Division is the Navy’s engineering agent and full life cycle support facility for Small Arms weapon systems. The Division is recognized as a technical leader within the Navy and United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) in the area of small arms life-cycle engineering support of Special Forces and Special Mission gun weapon systems.
- Develop/modify engineering designs and prepare, review and/or support engineering design of new items and improvements to existing items for impact on design, performance, safety, and producibility utilizing Computer-Aided Design (CAD) modeling software and measuring equipment
- Perform reverse engineering on existing small arms weapons systems, ammunition, shoulder-launched ordnance, mounts, armament systems and subsystems, ancillary equipment and related components
- Review engineering data packages describing configuration items acquired by the Government and provide the requisite design information to support production engineering, logistics support analysis, and also provide the drafting expertise to review these data packages
- Evaluate proposed engineering changes, perform feasibility studies, and investigate and resolve issues in the areas of technology application and insertion, and item performance and reliability
- Perform engineering analyses and studies for systems, subsystems, equipment and components development and in-service support activities. Such analyses require: finite element modeling and analysis for vibrations, shock, and thermal impacts; and mechanical modeling and simulation
- Perform on-site engineering investigations to evaluate item reliability, maintainability, availability, logistics support, and configuration status IAW applicable drawing specifications and appropriate Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP) and Configuration Management (CM) plans
- Prepare system safety program plans, safety site surveys/plans, tracking procedures, hazard lists, hazard analyses, safety evaluation and testing plans/procedures, reports, safety related ECPs, and other safety and hazard engineering documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering
- Advanced degree in Engineering or a related discipline is strongly preferred
- At least 15 years’ work experience in the mechanical engineering of ammunition
- Extensive experience with all calibers of ammunition, use of test equipment and requirements (e.g., Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute SAAMI, and Small Caliber Ammunition Test Procedures (SCATP)), as well as safety qualifications requirements
- Detailed knowledge of technical documentation methods (drawings, specifications, standards) and their uses support weapons and ammunition products throughout the lifecycle
- Knowledge of various calibers of ammunition in order to prepare test plans, reports, and other technical documents
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.