Job Description: (Brief Summary/Statement)
Cydecor is seeking Senior Level Computer Specialists to support engineering and management requirements for the NSWC Crane Small Arms Weapons Systems Division (JXQ). Crane Division is a component of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA). The site is located in Crane IN, which is in southern Indiana approximately 70 miles southwest of Indianapolis IN. The Small Arms Weapon Systems Division is the Navy’s engineering agent and full life cycle support facility for Small Arms weapon systems. The Division is recognized as a technical leader within the Navy and United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) in the area of small arms life-cycle engineering support of Special Forces and Special Mission gun weapon systems.
- Utilize Government Furnished Information (GFI) to perform software engineering design, development, and programming.
- Perform application and system testing and assist in the Government acceptance testing.
- Support legacy assets and data management repositories.
- Ascertain, model, and document computer software, perform configuration control and maintain a software library for computer software configuration items.
- Develop system user guides and provide documentation to user and system administrators.
- Install software and provide programming services and software updates for legacy assets for testing of weapons, weapons systems, ammunition, and associated equipment.
- Review and assess software changes for impact on logistics support and review life-cycle management plans that address the scope and purpose of computer resources support for impact upon interchangeability, producibility, and standardization.
- Investigate specific management information systems and make recommendations as to their effectiveness, appropriateness, and value in accordance with ANSI Z39.18.
- Design, develop, and operate information systems using best value solutions including Commercial or Off-the-Shelf Software and Hardware as appropriate.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of DoD Information Awareness requirements including Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) tracking, Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process, Security Technical Implementation Guide execution, and other Cyber Security efforts as required by DoD.
- Advanced degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Network Administration, Cybersecurity, or a related discipline is required
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Relevant Operating System (OS) Certification
- 4+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting the following technologies:
- ASP.NET 3.5/4.0
- MS SQL SERVER 2008
- IIS 6/7
- Adobe XFA Forms
- Access 2007/2010
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Microsoft Active Directory
- The training, certification, and workforce management requirements of DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program and SECNAVINST 1543.2 Cyberspace/Information Technology Workforce Continuous Learning apply.
- All Navy Cybersecurity personnel are required to attain IAT Level II certification and complete 40 hours of continuous learning per year in order to maintain credentials required for accessing and making changes to the web server located at a data center.
- Personnel are also required to complete 50 hours of continuing education to maintain CompTIA Security+ every three years.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.