Engineer IV (position supports capture effort)
Job Description: Cydecor is looking for an Engineer IV to provide technical and engineering support services to the SEA073R office within Team Submarine. Team Submarine provides improved communication among the various offices that contribute to the design, acquisition, maintenance, and support of the World’s finest submarine force. It fosters accurate decision making via more and higher-fidelity information on the multifaceted challenges that arise through translating Washington directives into Fleet implementation.
Job Responsibilities :
- Apply engineering, scientific, and analytical disciplines necessary to ensure that developed platforms, systems, and warfighting capabilities have been properly tested and that joint interoperability requirements have been fully met at all levels of their life cycle.
- Develop, review, analyze, and document engineering processes, associated metrics, and provide recommendations to improve those processes.
- Support technical activities including coordinating the review of technical deliverables within NAVSEA, facilitate planning and execution of engineering events.
- Support the development and “configuration management” of the overall program plans, approach, and objectives by supporting the development and maintenance of program briefings, including briefings for external stakeholders such as: OPNAV, ASN, SECNAV, and OSD AT&L.
- Provide support for inter-Program Office communications within and outside of Team Submarine.
- Assist in the development of strategic/programmatic business plans.
- Conduct analysis of current and proposed business practices, perform organizational assessments, develop improved business processes, and identify and track major technical and programmatic issues.
- Address strategy development, analyses of alternatives and technical and programmatic assessments to support responses to the changing environment and fiscal priorities.
- Develop and update strategies to support evolving program requirements by collecting and analyzing data, preparing outlines, and assisting in development and preparation of status, information, and decision briefings.
- Monitor program plans and provide assessments and indicators of progress.
- Monitor schedules for potential changes and actual changes, advising the government of alternatives and providing impact assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in any engineering discipline required.
- 10+ years of professional experience in engineering required.
- 20+ years of experience with Navy Acquisition Programs desired.
- Experience interfacing with PEOs/Program Managers, Fleet Stakeholders, the Science/Technology community, and Navy Staff desired.
- Experience providing onsite and offsite strategic, operational, programmatic, analytical, and technical expertise across Navy platforms and capabilities to include, strategy, planning, studies, analysis, and execution support across the air, surface, and subsurface Warfare communities desired.
- Active SECRET security clearance required.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.