Senior Program Manager
Job Responsibilities: Provide programmatic support services to the DDG-1000 program office (PMS500) staff, including the coordination of engineering, acquisition, fleet introduction, change management, business and financial management services
- DoD/Navy experience with program management, Industry or Government technical management, or Industry or Government business management and at least 10 years supervisory experience.
- Manage program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Plan and develop methods and procedures for implementing program, direct and coordinate program activities, and exercise control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of program.
- Select personnel according to knowledge and experience in acoustic systems and commercial hardware and software applications.
- Confer with staff to explain program and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of program.
- Direct and coordinate personally, or through subordinate managerial personnel, activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of program.
- Review reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective and modify or change methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
- Prepare program reports for superiors.
- Control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
- Provide high-level programmatic oversight to all Task Instructions (TIs) within one or more Task Orders (TOs).
- Establish and enforces organizational policies and processes for project planning, project monitoring and control, requirements management, risk management, quality assurance, and other key technical project areas.
- Manage resources amongst multiple TIs and oversee one or more Project Managers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least ten (10) years supervisory experience required in DoD/Navy program management, Industry or Government technical management, or Industry or Government business management, with minimum of five (5) years of experience required in communicating and interacting with SES/Flag level personnel
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Master’s degree preferred in disciplines of Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or another discipline that includes the necessary technical and management knowledge.
- US Citizenship required
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at the SECRET level.
Support is centered at the Washington Navy Yard headquarters, but will extend to San Diego, California and Bath, Maine to support bi-costal activities and stakeholders
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.