Logistics Specialist (Senior) - Supply and Technical Data (S&TD)
Job Responsibilities: The Logistics Specialist (Senior) - Supply and Technical Data (S&TD) shall provide programmatic support to the DDG 1000 Program Office (PMS 500) Logistics Department in the development, review, and approval of DDG 1000 supply and technical data and logistics products.
- Support coordination of contractor and Government field activity efforts to create provisioning technical data, Allowance Parts Lists, technical manuals and other related technical data.
- Monitor and report on development of the DDG 1000 Coordinated Shipboard Allowance List (COSAL) and implementation of shipboard and shore based IT systems necessary to order repair parts.
- Make recommendations on the extent to which a Performance Based Logistics support strategy should be used for supply support and assist in the implementation of an appropriate Performance Based Logistics approach.
- Assist in developing a parts obsolescence and technical refresh strategy and monitor and report on the shipbuilder’s execution of this strategy.
- Use In-depth knowledge of S&TD ship acquisition program office reporting requirements.
- Generate reports, schedules, recommendations, plans, performance metrics, and briefs as necessary to assist in the management of the DDG 1000 logistics program.
- Provide Fleet Liaison support with duty station in Norfolk and San Diego in order to facilitate communication of DDG 1000 Fleet support issues.
- Schedule meetings, obtain meeting space, and coordinate Fleet participation for DDG 1000 events that require Fleet input.
- Remain current with emerging Fleet initiatives and provide recommendations on the means to integrate these initiatives into the DDG 1000 strategy to the maximum extent possible.
- Conduct and assist in executing shore support planning for facilities, military construction and all activities necessary to prepare the homeports for arrival of DDG 1000 class ships.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or a related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- NAVSEA RCM Level I and II certifications required
- NEC 9517 3-M Coordinator or Master Training Specialist certification preferred
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience required with specific experience in the following: five (5) years of supervisory experience in analyses, information systems, and implementation of ACAT1 acquisition projects required; five (5) or more years of experience in Navy acquisition logistics strategy and process development, implementation, and control required
- US citizenship required
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at the SECRET level.
- Support is centered at the Washington Navy Yard headquarters, but will extend to San Diego, California and Bath. Maine to support bi-coastal activities and stakeholders.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.