Job Description: Cydecor is seeking a Cost Analyst to provide financial analysis for NEPO.
Job Responsibilities :
- Evaluate funding requests to determine if requirements are appropriate given funding limitations and fiscal regulations
- Provide guidance and recommendations to PMs and senior management concerning reallocation and prioritization of efforts
- Provide interpretations to PM staff regarding budgetary policy and practices mandated by the Assistant Secretary of the Navy
- Monitor and comment on legal and regulatory controls over approved NAVFAC budget allocations
- Provide advice to PMs on a wide variety of effective and efficient methods for the acquisition and use of funds to support the organizations programs and activities
- Review funding requests that may be urgent or associated with highly visible special interest’s equipment procurements for Overseas Contingency Operations
- Coordinate and liaise with external points of contact within procurement partners to obtain execution information and obligating documents; inputting funding documents into the Standard Accounting and Reporting System (STARS)
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on commitments and obligations data from Stars and FIS on a weekly basis.
- Assess risks associate with financial performance, resolving obligation issues with NAVFAC headquarters.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for funding
- Monitor and comment of budgetary controls for approved NAVFAC budget allocations
- Maintain funding documents to enable execution and obligation of funds
- Report on financial commitments and obligations
- Bachelor’s degree in business or financial management
- Demonstrated skills in financial management
- Demonstrated experience with DOD’s/DoN’s, PBIS, PBAS, EDA, STARS-HCM, STARS=FL, FIS
- Mastery of concepts and principles, practices, laws and regulations of budgeting and their relation to subordinate and senior levels
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance is required.
- Washington Navy Yard, D.C.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law. To apply for this position, visit our website at (insert link of particular job).