Job Description: Cydecor is looking for a Training Facilitator L2 Air Operations (Air Ops) Instructor to assist by providing logistical support to cadre and trainees during planning, classroom instruction, practical field training, final training exercises, Troop movements, and perform as in-air instructors, as required. Naval Special Warfare Group’s ONE and TWO (NSWG-1 and 2) Training Detachments (TRADETs) provide training to Naval Special Warfare (NSW) component commands and units located on the east and west coast.
Job Responsibilities :
- Assist in preparing the training sites prior to training evolutions.
- Provide specific instruction on the following categories:
- Canopy control procedures.
- Performing aerial patterns.
- Body flight progression.
- Relative targeting.
- Assist Pre and Post Operations (i.e. pre-training site training preparation and post training clean-up/recording of feedback).
- Assist in completion of Evolution sheets (i.e. checklist of daily training schedules).
- Assisting in risk assessment ratings.
- At a minimum, have knowledge and understanding in standard and non-standard freefall and static-line parachute systems operations, functionality, and use. Standard operations are defined as those related to body posture, airspeed control and maneuvering in a commercial, leisure environment. Non-standard operations are defined as those related to tactical and combative in a military/contingency environment.
- At a minimum, be a United States Parachute Association (USPA) Accelerated Freefall Instructor Level I certified (http://www.uspa.org/Safety-Training/Ratings).
- At a minimum, possess a Military Free-Fall Jumpmaster/Instructor certification per the instructions identified in paragraph 11. (COMNAVSPECWARCOM INST 3000.3B Air Operations Manual).
- Preferred to have an understanding and knowledge of the TTP 3-05 series SOF Combat Diving instruction of the Naval Special Warfare Publication.
- The Contractor shall be capable of performing data entry on IBM®-compatible computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft® Windows®, and Microsoft Office® applications like Access®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint® and other related programs.
- The Contractor shall have completed honorable service as a former NSW, USSOCOM or Federal Law Enforcement Operator and Tactical Trainer with post 9/11 combat experience (Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) or Operation New Dawn (OND), or Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR).
- In accordance with paragraph 4.9, it is preferred the Contractor know and have an understanding of the M350 Series publications from SOCOM (for ALL position categories). As identified in paragraph 13 of the PWS, while this is not available for public dissemination, the publication can be made available through Government secured computer access during contract performance.
- It is preferred that the Contractor know and understand the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures 3-05 series Naval Special Warfare Publication for certain training categories, as specified further in paragraph 4.10. As identified in paragraph 13 of the PWS, while this is not available for public dissemination, the publication can be made available through Government secured computer access during contract performance.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license if assisting with the loading/unloading of equipment and gear during the training exercise.
- The Contractor shall have a minimum of 10 years’ experience performing in a Special Operations (SOF) mission execution capacity for each of the desired disciplines identified in paragraph 4.10.
- It is preferred that the contractor have 5 years’ experience planning, coordinate and instruct the training disciplines identified in paragraph 4.10.
- The Contractor shall be required to perform on-site practical instruction, for periods of up to 20 hours, in conditions ranging from negative 5 degrees Fahrenheit to temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. The Contractor shall be capable of performing tasks with heights up to 24,999 Above Mean Sea Level (MSL). Additionally, the Contractor shall be capable of performing underwater dives up to 100 feet below sea level.
- The Contractor shall have knowledge and understanding of COMNAVSPECWARCOMINST 3591.1D publication (referenced in paragraph 10) for all identified training tasks).
- It is preferred that to have prior military experience with Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) or Operation New Dawn (OND) active duty combat deployment experience (not Contractor deployments). It is preferred that prior enlisted or officer instructors shall have completed Navy Instructor Training and successfully obtained Naval Enlisted Classification (NEC) 9502, or service equivalent.
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance is required.
Cydecor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law. To apply for this position, visit our website at (insert link of particular job).