Job Description: (Brief Summary/Statement)
Provide services in support of the Weapons Systems Training Branch of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division providing field service, training and documentation support for a wide variety of Department of Defense Sponsors and other Department of Defense Agencies
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits documents such as handbooks, procedure manuals, user manuals, technical manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, training plans and curriculum to communicate specifications and instructions clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Uses Adobe FrameMaker to input redlines into Technical Manuals and adheres to MIL STD 40051
- Performs periodic Quality Assurance (QA) reviews of material for accuracy, consistency, and conformance to standards.
- Translates complex data into user-friendly text to support the development of Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWR), Intermediate Maintenance Work Requirements (IMWR), Technical Repair Standards (TRS), Operator Manuals (OM) and Maintenance Manuals (MM).
- Receives information and required edits to documentation from Subject Matter Experts (SME), project leads or project teams and uses Structured FrameMaker software to develop technical manuals in accordance with standards.
- Designs and implements cataloging systems to maintain document control of all in process and completed documentation per standards.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on provided standards and style guides for the development of documentation and ensures all documentation is in adherence to standards.
- Must know FrameMaker to XML conversion
- May be called upon to facilitate In Process Review (IPR) meetings with customer to present Project Plans and discuss issues.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years experience w/ Adobe FrameMaker.
- Two years experience technical writing for military manuals using MIL STD 40051.
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.