The City of Virginia Beach Information Technology (IT) Department is an award-winning organization committed to using technology to transform service delivery for residents, visitors and other stakeholders. We were named a 2018 CIO 100 winner and have been recognized three years in a row by the Center for Digital Government as #1 among "Digital Cities" in our population category. The IT Department is constantly evolving to meet citizens' expectations of transparency, accountability and accessibility in the digital age. Our software developers, engineers, analysts and other team members are re-imagining how to make citizen-government interactions more efficient while advancing the city's operational needs. As we lead the city's digital transformation, IT seeks candidates with backgrounds in information technology, data science, business, design thinking, art and more. Your unique insights and approach might just be what we are looking for.
The City of Virginia Beach is transitioning the Financials software from the Oracle Public Sector e-business Suite to the Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Financials Fusion software, and the budgeting Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) software will also be implemented. The anticipated go-live for Financials is July 2020. The Oracle software is referred to at the City as “InSITE”.
Please Note: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.
MINIMUMS: Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to eight (8) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above and associated with such positions as Programmer Analyst, Business Analyst, or Management Analyst. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
DMV Transcript: Not Required
CDL: Not Required
DOT History: Not Required
CPS Check: Not Required
Physical: Not Required
Respirator: Not Required
Polygraph Review: Not Required
Psychological Screening: Not Required
Attachments Required: Resume
Knowledge and experience using the Oracle Public Sector Financials Modules; technical/functional experience with Oracle ERP SaaS Financials; or technical/functional experience with similar ERP financials applications.
Knowledge of City of Virginia Beach financial business processes; strong communication, facilitation and leadership skills; strong customer service orientation; skill in problem solving; software configuration experience.
Successful candidates should have recent experience (within the past three years) in Business/Systems Analysis, Technical Analysis and Project team participation including:
• Technical Analysis - Experience in designing (not coding), maintaining, managing and supporting solutions for, and in support of, the Oracle Financials modules (release 12) or Oracle Fusion Financials. Experience with Enterprise Application Integration/RDBMS integration (SQL and Oracle); knowledge of and experience in network principals and database design and implementation.
• Business/Systems Analysis - Experience in supporting Oracle Financials as well as other ERP applications. Defining, recommending and improving business processes; documenting functional and technical requirements for large enterprise applications. Experience in current technologies; RBDMS including SQL and Oracle; formal testing methodologies.
• Project Implementations - Experience with formal project management life cycle implementation methodologies deploying ERP applications.
Knowledge of the following Financials modules: AP, GL, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Purchasing, and Budgeting.
General Oracle Technical skills:
• Ability to create reports using Discoverer Plus or other Oracle related reporting tools. SSRS reporting experience a plus.
• Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Oracle Workflow development, and Oracle Alerts.
Knowledge of Oracle ERP Cloud reporting tools - BI Publisher, Oracle Transactional BI (OTBI), Financial Reporting Studio, Smart View and Infolets
Oracle Cloud Integration tool
General Analytical skills:
• Communication and collaboration tools
• Desktop tools - experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SnagIt, and the testing tool HP ALM (previously Quality Center)
• Reporting and analysis tools
• Requirement management tools
***Alpha I Status: Positions within this class have been designated as Alpha I positions requiring employees to work during inclement weather, regardless of the City’s operational status.
VRS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.