Travelzoo is a publicly-traded global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact. Travelzoo is seeking a full-time Management Associate to be the right hand to the CEO.
This position has been created to lend strategic, tactical and operational support to the Company’s top executive, and to simultaneously nurture future general management talent. You will work alongside the Global CEO as part of the management team and gain valuable insight to the inner workings of a successful, international media commerce business.
In this role you will gain knowledge and exposure across three of the most exciting industries today: technology, media and travel. (It is important to note that this is not an administrative position.)
You are the ideal candidate if you aspire to start your own company in the future or be a leader in a dynamic global business. You’re also a strategic thinker and excellent communicator, who has leadership potential, an eye for detail and a passion for quality content.
This role is viewed as an 18-24-month stepping stone to future management positions globally, so the right candidate should be internationally mobile and while this role will be based in the company’s New York global headquarters you will be expected to travel within North America and internationally regularly and sometimes at short notice.
On a typical day you will be involved in:
• Working closely with the CEO on many complex day-to-day aspects of the business, including strategic and operational tasks, as well as managing specific assignments
• Providing program and project management leadership, tactical and functional support to ensure effective execution of multiple programs and projects with regional and/or global impact
• Leading research and analysis on important projects ranging from profitability assessments to workforce planning and viability studies of new initiatives
• Assisting in preparing financial reporting, including revenue and cost forecasting, quarterly reporting, annual and quarterly budgeting and other ad hoc financial reports
• Conducting research and preparing major presentations for industry events, speaking engagements and meetings with internal and external partners
• Building strong interdepartmental relationships to maximize collaboration and positively impact office culture
• Working with other Management Associates to share business insights and best practices
• Deriving brand-building strategies to foster Travelzoo’s member-first culture
• Developing an expert understanding of the industry landscape and identifying opportunities to differentiate Travelzoo
• Assisting the CEO with decision-making and conference/meeting attendance where appropriate
• Forging relationships with relevant industry thought leaders to strengthen Travelzoo’s standing
• Prepping and supporting the CEO for events and meetings
• 4-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and MBA required
• Demonstrate a level of discretion appropriate for working on highly confidential matters and sensitive information
• Strong program and project management expertise and practical experience supported by formal Agile Project Management certifications
• Must have experience living and/or working abroad and speak English and at least one other language fluently
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience; experience within management consulting, a start-up, or digital lifestyle brand is highly desired
• Proficiency in digital, brand and/or consumer marketing will be a strong advantage
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, dynamic and amorphous environment
• Impeccable professional integrity and ethics
• Results-oriented, self-starter, committed to getting the job done
• Possess the gravitas to take charge, without being in charge
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!