Location Chippewa Falls, WI
Job Categories Corporate
What We Do
We are a family-owned, multi-channel retailer located in West-Central Wisconsin that has proudly been in business for more than 115 years. We are in the top 250 E-Commerce companies in the United State and own and operate 10 businesses that sell everything from shoes and apparel to bedding and electronics through our websites and direct mail catalogs, with some businesses offering our own proprietary credit payment option. We have a strong commitment to support the communities where we work and live.
Committed to Our Community
Throughout our entire history, Mason has been committed to being a good neighbor in our community. In 1952, the BA Mason Trust was established to provide philanthropic support to our community. We encourage our employees to give back with time, talent and treasure. Our employees spend countless hours volunteering in our community – our community is part of our Mason family.
Join the Mason Family
We are a family owned business committed to cultivating thriving relationships. These relationships generate growth, opportunity and value for our customers, employees and community.
The Graphic Layout Designer is responsible for designing catalog page layouts for women’s fashion catalogs and other associated mailing pieces in accordance with the company’s mission and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Create and design strong graphic layouts for multiple women’s fashion catalogs based on concepts and creative provided by the Manager of Catalog Creative (Art Director).
- Collaborate with Manager of Catalog Creative (Art Director)/Merchandise (Buying) team in brainstorming sessions for new layout concepts in line with brand strategy.
- Ability to meet deadlines while producing high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create and design page layouts for other secondary catalog projects, including cover,
- back cover, page 2 concepts and special treatments inside.
- Build catalog pages and other associated mailing pieces using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Create and design designated special smaller monthly projects.
- Creative input is encouraged for improving all projects and job functions.
- Catalog page building lead coordination (page assignments, style sheets, master page document, meeting deadlines).
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent creative abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine or Graphic Arts, or related field.
- 2-4 years of design and strong layout experience.
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Illustrating/pencil sketching skills a plus.
JOB/POSITION WORK LOCATION:
Please note, this position does require the selected candidate to physically work at our Chippewa Falls, WI location. This is not a remote/work-from-home role.