Location Chippewa Falls, WI
Are you a tech-savvy educational enthusiast ready to take on the challenge and wear multiple hats, playing the role of facilitator, innovator, researcher, and developer?
We are looking for a professional Instructional Designer to design, develop and deliver experiential and adult learning and development courses supporting our Customer Care Center.
If you are a motivated and energetic person passionate about advancing learning experiences that facilitate acquisition of knowledge, then we'll be happy to hear from you!
Through analysis, create a learning and development strategy and scalable infrastructure for all training and development programs that contribute directly to the overall success of the Customer Care Center.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Use instructional design and multi-media skills to design and develop new learning materials including videos, e-learning modules, workbooks, instructor guides and job aids that will drive high performing results in the Customer Care Center.
- Modify and update existing training curriculum, content, job aids, policies and processes as needed.
- Collaborate with Customer Care Leadership and Operations team to analyze and prioritize onboarding and skills gap training and development needs.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs and ensure quality and accuracy of designs. Create learning objectives that meet Customer Care Center’s strategic and operational requirements.
- Facilitate training delivery of new employee and gap training sessions.
- Assist in the review of program evaluations, test results, production key performance indicators, and manager feedback on training effectiveness. Make recommendations for program improvement.
- Manage uploading and maintaining training content, job aids and knowledge articles for Customer Care Center.
- Keep informed on the latest trends and best practices in learning technologies, facilitation and instructional design.
- Perform training administrative functions, including maintaining class schedules for learners and courses, set up of the training room, coordinate the use of equipment, materials, IDs and other training administrative tasks. Project management. The ability to hit deadlines and clearly communicate project progress to Customer Care Center Leadership.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Serve on various committees and project teams
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills required
- Strong collaboration and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Task, team, and deadline-oriented.
- Team player.
- Ability to positively influence others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, educational technology, curriculum design, instructional media. May consider candidates who have 5-7 years of relevant work experience, in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible and proven experience in instructional design, development and delivery using multiple modalities.
- Prior work and/or content experience within a Customer Care Center or Customer Service area, preferably related to new employees, incumbent training and job-aids.
- In-depth knowledge of adult and active learning theories and instructional design models, lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML programming knowledge
- Visual design skills (Articulate Suite such as Storyline & Captivate, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)