Location Chippewa Falls, WI
To prepare and analyze financial data and reports based on results of monthly general ledger closings in accordance with the company’s mission and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of operating, product cost and capital budgets.
- Understand and prepare financial statements and reports.
- Analyze and respond to user’s questions regarding deviations from budgets as monthly
- closings occur.
- Balance sheet reconciliation.
- Inventory monitoring and costing.
- Work with other departments to understand and explain financial variations to budget.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in monthly closings of general ledger as necessary.
- Analyze general ledger accounts for reliability.
- Assist in audits as necessary.
- Oversee and control retail outlet financial reporting and inventory management.
- Create year-end closing schedules, procedures, write ups, and calendar.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to critically think.
- Self-motivated and directed; able to take initiative.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong business acumen.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible accounting experience.