Location Chippewa Falls, WI
The IS Help Desk Analyst is responsible for the support of all end user computing related devices. Support includes end user devices such as Personal Computers, Laptops, Tablet PC’s, thin clients, warehouse printers, scanners, etc.
- Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Responsible for fixing PC related hardware issues.
- Records required customer and problem information and ensures tickets are created for the incident
- Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution
- Responsible for installing physical end devices of all types related to I.T.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware/software related problems with computer systems; make repairs and corrections where required.
- Responsible for troubleshooting Windows policy related issues as they apply to the desktop environment.
- Relate successfully with employees cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY FUNCTIONS:
- Setup of user accounts for several different systems in a secure environment.
- Full desktop management using tools like SCCM.
- Packaging of software.
- Additional assistance with other technologies as required.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent professional and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service skills and positive attitude.
- Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policy.
- PC Deployment
- Microsoft Office
- Antivirus Management
- Basic TCP/IP Troubleshooting
- Remote User Management and understanding of common VPN issues.
- Mac O/S
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 1+ year of experience with PC support, or related IS discipline.
- Experience with Desktop management software such as SCCM.
- Must have a good understanding of Microsoft Windows Systems.
- Knowledge of virtual PC technology.
- Understanding of desktop hardware.
- Understanding of laptop hardware.
- Printer repair experience.
- Solid PC hardware and application troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to travel to various business locations.
- May require the ability to work evening hours and/or weekends.