Location Chippewa Falls, WI
Division Mason Companies Inc
The IS Senior System Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure; participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure; ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Lead project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the infrastructure.
- Assists with hardware and software solution installation, configuration, and maintenance following established procedures and change control standards.
- Facilitates day-to-day operations activities such as system upgrades, patching, configuration audits, capacity planning, and performance analysis.
- Develops and maintains Microsoft Azure Active Directory, and Office 365 applications in conjunction with on premise Windows Active Directory
- Responsible for the day to day administration of Microsoft Office 365 (O365).
- Develop architecture for integration with cloud based O365 and other cloud-based applications and tools.
- Perform implementation tasks, related to O365 and other cloud applications, including: configuration, integration, and roll-outs.
- Responsible for the creation of O365 and other cloud application business rules.
- Working Knowledge of new O365 and other cloud application features and unused tool functionality to drive the platform expansion and adoption.
- Install and maintain all Windows/VMware and SAN system software, such as Operating System, device drivers, and firmware.
- Build disaster recovery plans, with backups and business continuity, for cloud and on premises solutions; multi-cloud, hybrid cloud etc.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Train and direct other staff as assigned.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience with server assembly, configuration, and operation, including peripherals such as printers, disk controllers, RAID arrays, RAM expansion, Fiber and network cards.
- Must have competency with Windows administration 2008 and up, SAN, Microsoft Cluster Services, Active Directory, SQL, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, IIS, VMware and MS System Center Suite.
- Ability to follow company Change Management process for all changes to production systems, including documenting all changes made to systems.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours as required to maintain the infrastructure and hosted services without interrupting core business operations or functionality, including scheduled weekend maintenance windows and on-call rotation.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision, with a proven ability to prioritize and multitask with exceptional attention to detail.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE, MCSA) preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience as a Systems Administrator in a high availability environment.
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience with Cloud based applications such as Office 365, SharePoint and Skype for Business, Veeam and Jira.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience as a Senior Systems Administrator in a high availability environment preferred.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft Certification (MCSE, MCSA) preferred.
- Previous experience with Cisco UCS Servers and SAN Storage.