Location Chippewa Falls, WI
Division Mason Companies Inc
The mechanic will repair, modify and adjust machines and equipment, perform preventative maintenance on machines and equipment, perform maintenance related electrical, plumbing, welding, and construction functions, and maintain the grounds.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Install conveyance and machinery
- Move and/or set-up office equipment and furniture
- Fix, repair and/or replace facilities’ equipment
- Roof repair
- Ductwork install
- Troubleshoot electric equipment issues
- Clean warehouse areas
- Fabricate items for company operations
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on all equipment
- Troubleshoot and/or repair material handling equipment.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Grounds maintenance
- Snow removal
- Pest and rodent removal
- Window cleaning
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, or equivalent, and a minimum of 4 years applicable knowledge & experience in using/operating tools of the trade, is required.
- A technical degree in a related field, and a minimum of 2 years applicable experience, is preferred.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License (required).
- Must be capable of operating hand, power, and specialized tools.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and CNC equipment is a plus.
- Basic computer skills.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires normal hearing and sight on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to continuously lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally team lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously carry up to 10 pounds, frequently carry up to 30 pounds and occasionally team carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach above shoulders, at shoulder height and below shoulders.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks which require the continuous use of one or both hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for the majority of an eight hour shift.
- Ability to sit/drive for a daily average of two hours of an eight hour shift.