Location Chippewa Falls, WI
Division Mason Companies Inc
To develop unique product designs for Mason Companies’ apparel product development collections in accordance with the company’s mission, vision and corporate goals.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Create flat technical Illustrator sketches including measurements for apparel development tech packs.
- Collaborate with merchandisers to line build and create on-trend, brand appropriate apparel designs
- Participate in fittings and support the execution of product designs while meeting production deadlines
- Collaborate with merchandising to identify key trends in silhouette, fabric, trims and color
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with merchandising and sourcing to review fabrications, color, and trims for production approval process.
- Collaborate with merchandising on a quarterly basis to review sales and profitability and recommend updates to best sellers.
- Special projects as needed.
The above listing of functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft OS.
- Ability to hand draw and flat sketch in Illustrator.
- An acute eye for style and color and thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication and construction.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, timelines and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Textile Design, or related field.
- 2 years’ of progressively responsible relevant apparel design experience and training preferred.
- Applicants must have portfolio of relevant design creations available upon request.