Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining applications and services
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Defines software objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Apply Services Oriented Architecture design and development principles.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
- Completes applications development by developing technical specifications; coordinating schedules and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
- Essential: Object Oriented Design, Services Oriented Architecture, XML, XSLT, WSDL, Web Services, and Messaging and systems integrations
- Optional: Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle JDeveloper, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle ADF and JUnit
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Utilizes the latest advancements in code generation tools, software development frameworks and design patterns and cloud-based services.
- Provides research and recommendations for new approaches for software development technology including hardware, software, and productivity tools.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Participates and leads in all software development lifecycle stages including envisioning; specifications & design, application configuration, database design; programming, quality assurance, testing and implementation, and ongoing maintenance and support
- Works with IT peers and management team to employ analysis and design techniques including case analysis, object modeling and database/application schema design to ensure business goals are met.
- A proven understanding of object oriented concepts and design.
- Enterprise Experience that is structured based upon the ITIL