Location Chippewa Falls, WI
Division Mason Companies Inc
Establishes and maintains network performance by building network configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
2. Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
3. Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
4. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
5. Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
6. Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Will be required to occasionally do off business hours support
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities
1. Problem Solving
2. LAN/WAN Knowledge
3. Proxy Servers,
4. Networking Knowledge and Network Design and Implementation
5. Network Troubleshooting
6. Network Hardware Configuration
7. Network Performance Tuning
8. Cisco CCNA
9. Cisco Routers/Switches
10. Cisco QOS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
• 2+ years in managing Cisco Networks
• Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills.