WHO WE ARE:
Marathon County in Northcentral Wisconsin is a great place to live, work, visit and conduct business. Our county government is highly regarded and contributes to a high quality of life by:
- ensuring public safety;
- protecting natural resources;
- preparing for emergency and disaster responses;
- protecting vulnerable populations;
- creating and maintaining a high quality infrastructure for transportation; and
- providing education and fostering economic development
- using process improvement techniques to improve public services
This seasonal position performs snow plowing, and may include routine maintenance work of facilities and grounds at Central Wisconsin Airport, Mosinee. Employee will be on call days, nights, and weekend shifts during the winter snow season. Normal snow schedule is November to April.
HOURS OF WORK: Employees hired will work not more than a 12 hour shift during a snow event. Hours of work will vary based on the needs of the airport and weather conditions..
High school graduation or equivalent and experience operating front-end loaders, tractors, skid steers or pick up trucks with plow to plow snow. Ability to lift up to 65 pounds occasionally.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets County standards. Must pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and a TSA Security Threat Assessment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Shovels snow, sweeps, and maintains safe walking and driving areas for airport users and employees.
- Operates front end loaders, tractors, skid steers, pickup trucks with a plow, and snow blowers to remove snow.
- Performs custodial work, including sweeping, mopping floors, and similar work.
- Responds to parking lot customer service; repair, and maintenance calls.
- Develops solutions to work issues that add value for our customers.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate non-CDL required, motorized equipment to remove snow.
- Working knowledge of basic grounds and snow removal techniques.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of the proper and safe use of hand tools.
- Skill in the use of hand and power maintenance tools.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy manual work.
- Ability to recognize equipment and facilities in need of repair.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, airport tenants, and the public.
- Understands the County's and department's mission, core values, plans, and priorities for the future.
- Participates in establishing professional development goals that are supportive of broader County goals.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work culture that fosters excellent customer service and teamwork.
$17.23 per hour. Employees in this classification are not eligible for the County’s benefit package.
The selection of the successful candidate may be by assessment of education and background, oral interview, criminal background check, and/or other job-related selection procedures. Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer physical and back exam and drug test.
Marathon County will make arrangements to furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services where necessary and reasonable to afford an individual with a disability the opportunity to participate in the recruitment process. Please notify the Employee Resources Department office or phone (715) 261-1451 to request special accommodations prior to the application deadline.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Wisconsin Statutes, Sections 19.36 (7), 64.09 (5), and 64.11 (7) require public employers to treat the following items as a public record: Each applicant’s application, records, recommendations and qualifications except as provided in Section 19.36 (7), Wis. Stats. that allows the identity of an applicant to remain confidential if the applicant requests in writing that the County not provide access to this information.
If you choose not to have this information become a public record, you must make such a request in writing to the Employee Resources Department. If you become a finalist for the position, your identity may be disclosed as required by law.
Application Deadline: Until department needs are filled.