WHO WE ARE:
The City-County Information Technology Commission (CCITC) serves the City of Wausau, Marathon County, North Central Health Care (NCHC) and other local government entities by providing the planning, design, implementation and operation of cooperative Information Technologies solutions and services. We provide a staff of highly trained and dedicated IT professionals providing Project Management, Programming, Networking, PC Support, Technology Purchasing, Business Analysis and Strategic Planning.
Our Mission: We are one IT team bound together with one mission, to serve the community by helping our governmental partners use technology effectively.
CCITC full and part-time employees enjoy competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a range of excellent benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Post Employment Health Plan
- Dental insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System Defined Benefit Plan
- Flexible Spending Account to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical expenses
- Optional life insurance
- Income Continuation Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Time Off
- Employee Recognition Programs and a Positive Workplace Culture
Participates as a member of the Network/Server support team. As a member of this team, the individual in this position, will be responsible for troubleshooting, installing and upgrading multi user systems and applications in our environment. This includes maintaining servers, databases, storage area networks, network attached storage, and virtual server software. A highly qualified candidate will have specific experience in the design and implementation of Desktop Control and Imaging systems. The individual will also be expected to act as a project lead for certain projects which will include helping write Request For Proposals (RFP) and bids, product selection, budgeting, estimating, and ensuring that the project finishes on time, on budget and within scope.
The primary areas include:
Security; AV installations, web and SPAM filtering, Active Directory maintenance.
Network Equipment; switches, WIFI access points, wiring
Servers; Windows Server operating systems, VSphere, SAN administration.
Endpoints; Desktop and laptop PCs, phones, printers, scanners, remote access devices, software installations.
Digital Video; hardware and software.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field with three to five years of PC and network systems support and troubleshooting experience. A combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered. Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license or ability to obtain reliable transportation required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Perform duties in a manner that is consistent with the CCITC core values.
- Provide great customer service using strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain, edit, use and safeguard from unauthorized access confidential information.
- Effectively work as part of a team, take direction from others, share knowledge, and build consensus.
- Promote Process Improvement.
- Champion the need and benefit by utilizing a structured approach to business process improvement.
- Identify improvement opportunities and manage improvement requests.
- Determine work priorities, work independently, and exercise initiative.
- Follow Change Management Practices as established by CCITC.
- Attend conferences, seminars and off site training sessions as requested.
- Accept new responsibilities at any time.
- Act as a technical resource within defined projects.
- Coordinate vendor and manufacturer support when necessary.
Analyst Supporting Networks and Desktops
- Design, maintain and administrate desktop imaging systems.
- Design, maintain and administrate desktop OS version upgrades and security patching systems.
- Maintains and administers MS Server Operating Systems including Active Directory, File/Print and Exchange.
- Maintains and administers VMware virtualization software, management tools and interfaces.
- Maintains and administers Cisco VOIP phones including management tools and interfaces.
- Maintains and administers digital video systems including system management tools and multi user applications.
- Maintains and administers network systems. These systems include wireless APs; switches and premise wiring.
- Maintains and administers network level endpoint support applications.
- Maintain inventory records.
- Keep skills updated regarding new technologies, product offerings, and industry best practices.
- Maintains equipment and operating software documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities: While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this classification and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Enter data to service request tracking database.
- Enter information into a time reporting system.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
- Determine work priorities.
- Commute between City, County and NCHC and other partner offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform mid-level data analysis including the ability to audit, deduce, assess, conclude and appraise. Requires discretion in determining and referencing such to established criteria to define consequences and develop alternatives.
- Ability to act as a lead person.
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence, train and monitor, in favor of a desired outcome.
- Ability to advise and provide interpretation regarding the application of policies, procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Ability to solve complex problems and perform root cause analysis without assistance.
- Requires ability to learn new technologies with limited guidance.
- Requires adaptability and flexibility to keep an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Is willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation.
- Requires initiative to set high standards of performance for self and others.
- Ability to make decisions and take action that have beneficial impact by evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Work is normally performed in an office environment under generally safe and comfortable conditions.
This position is an exempt, salaried position. Salary Range (C42): Minimum of $54,263 and Midpoint of $65,116
Selection of the successful candidate may be made by assessment of experience and education, criminal record check; oral interview; review of references, written background inventory, and other appropriate job-related selection procedures. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application.
CCITC will make arrangements to furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services where necessary and reasonable to afford an individual with a disability the opportunity to participate in the recruitment process. Please notify the CCITC office or phone (715) 261-6710 to request special accommodations prior to the application deadline.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Wisconsin Statutes, Sections 19.36 (7), 64.09 (5), and 64.11 (7) require public employers to treat the following items as a public record: Each applicant’s application, records, recommendations and qualifications except as provided in Section 19.36 (7), Wis. Stats. that allows the identity of an applicant to remain confidential if the applicant requests in writing that the County not provide access to this information.
If you choose not to have this information become a public record, you must make such a request in writing to the Director of the CCITC. If you become a finalist for the position, your identity may be disclosed as required by law.
Application deadline is July 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.