This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to Graniterock customers in the Building Materials yard and at delivery sites.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Comply, understand, and promote Graniterock safety initiatives to ensure “Safety before All Else.”
- Deliver materials in the correct quantity and proper location, ensuring on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Drive a flat-bed, dump truck, and operate piggyback forklift on the job site
- Maintain daily inspection reports on equipment and ensure proper operating condition in the yard, job sites and roadways
- Assist in the yard maintenance and inventory control
- Assist customers in the yard with questions about products and their applications
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years driving experience
- 1-3 years experience in construction, building materials or landscaping
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid CA class B driver’s license required with air brake endorsement
- Class A license preferred
- Clean driving record
- Good communication and basic math skills
- Forklift certified, or ability to be certified
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Building materials/landscaping knowledge preferred
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred