Provide jobsite quality control and quality assurance in the following areas: (1) Test and inspect concrete mixes and relay information back to the batch plant in order to maintain mix specifications (2) Perform slump, air tests and unit weight testing as needed for specification compliance and (3) Fabricate cylinder test specimens as needed for compressive strength testing.
• Complete daily laboratory tasks such as breaking cylinders and performing shrinkage bar measurements
• Prepare and maintain laboratory paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
• Prepare reports on field and lab testing results. Prepare and perform laboratory and field trial batches.
• Sample aggregates, cements, SCMs and admixtures per laboratory testing interval protocols.
• Complete concrete-related aggregate testing such as gradation, cleanness value (CV), sand equivalent (SE), moisture and absorption.
• Generate basic concrete submittals.
• Assist with resolving basic customer complaints and assist with company training programs.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and cleanliness
• Maintain company truck and field test equipment
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
SKILLS: Strong organizational skills; ability to work independently and within teams, solid basic math skills and ability to use MS office products including Outlook, Word and Excel to report data. Small group presentation/training skills.
EXPERIENCE: Construction experience and some concrete materials knowledge.
EDUCATION: College course work or other continuing education.
SKILLS: Field testing requires ACI Field Testing Technician certification and Laboratory testing requires ACI Strength Testing Technician certification. Must posses these certifications or have the capability to obtain these certifications within 90 days of employment.
EXPERIENCE: Working knowledge of concrete and aggregate products, basic gradation and construction industry experience desired.
OTHER COMMENTS: Must have valid CA Driver's License and clean driving record.