The Consultant, Business Development is responsible for generating opportunities and closing new business on the West Coast for our flagship offerings. This position regularly interacts with a variety of executive and management contacts in order to understand organizational needs and move prospects through the sales process. This position can be remote, ideally based on the West Coast.
FlashPoint is an Indianapolis-headquartered leadership consulting firm serving national and international mid- and large-market clients. Delivering leadership solutions that have a measurable and lasting impact is at the core of what we do. We provide both custom solutions and proven flagship programs focused on leadership development, team effectiveness, and coaching. Our vision is to create meaningful workplaces where everyone can achieve their fullest potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creates and manages a territory sales plan targeted at prospects who fit our ideal profile, working to achieve individual and company sales targets.
- Generates leads through a variety of activities including networking, research, referral partner relationships, speaking engagements, blogging, and cold calling.
- Structures compelling presentations, offerings, and proposals to move prospects toward the purchase.
- Follows-up regularly and develops strong relationships with prospects to build and continuously maintain the sales pipeline.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the firm’s service offerings and the ability to articulate the firm’s offerings and value proposition.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with referral partners and key influencers to ensure a steady flow of prospect referrals.
- Maintains an understanding of market conditions, emerging talent management trends, and competitors' products, prices, and sales approaches.
- Assists with marketing initiatives such as sponsorships, speaking engagements, special events, and tradeshows to support the accomplishment of FlashPoint’s business objectives.
- Contributes to website content, social media, blogs, articles and whitepapers, promotional materials, and electronic newsletters.
- Fully utilizes and leverages the CRM to better know our clients and prospects and to manage sales activities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two to five years’ successful sales experience (B2B or services sales with Fortune 1,000 companies preferred)
- Experience working in a consulting or leadership development capacity is preferred.
- Proven ability to generate revenue by quickly establishing client trust, understanding client needs, matching those needs to FlashPoint services, making a compelling offer, and closing a sale.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be willing and open to learning our business, flagship products and programs, consulting approach, and project management methodologies as well as to living FlashPoint’s values.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, listening, writing, and presentation skills.
- Be highly organized, with a flair for managing deadlines and meeting goals. This work takes place in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You must be able to focus, work under pressure, and deliver quality results under tight timelines.
- Take initiative and be able to respond quickly to client/prospect requests.
- Be computer savvy and proficient with multiple applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. You must be able to design client presentation materials and other documents, and we prefer that you have experience working with CRM systems.
- Be flexible with your schedule. At FlashPoint, we promote positive work-life balance, but we also understand that to serve clients well, we sometimes have to work late and on weekends.
- Be able to regularly travel within your assigned territory (approximately 25% of the time).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
FlashPoint will reward your talents with a competitive salary, commission, and bonus opportunities. You will receive an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; 401(k) and health savings account options; generous paid time off; and support for your ongoing professional development.