Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
You will become part of and manage a team of lawyers, accountants and secretarial support who jointly manage a portfolio of client companies. You will strive to provide high quality services to our clients and at the same time meeting the KPI’s and targets set by senior management. You show a ‘can do’ attitude in all aspects of the role, are a self-starter and focused on and take pride in the achievement of personal, team and organizational goals. You actively contribute in maintaining and expanding Citco’s business and help to maintain and improve Citco’s operational procedures.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Translate (financial) organizational KPI’s into team’s goals and objectives and monitor performance thereof;
- Coach, develop, lead and appraise employees within the team in order to motivate and optimally manage personnel;
- Quality control on output produced by the team;
- Ensure adherence to Customer Due Diligence requirements. These requirements include the applicable policies and guidelines, AML and anti-terrorist financing legislation as well as Dutch regulatory legislation and guidelines as issued by De Nederlandsche Bank;
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure in- and external compliance and communicate high quality standards seeking opportunities to implement efficiencies;
- Review legal and administrative documentation and provide feedback for improvement, change, or external review if needed, in order to guarantee correct delivery and quality of the work;
- Maintain and develop multiple business relations with clients and other (internal / external) stakeholders;
- Continually seek to understand current and emerging client and market needs, expectations and business priorities from current and potential clients; and
- Recognize opportunities for new and existing contacts, with management approval negotiate and acquire contracts with clients to contribute to the business development.
- A masters degree in finance / accounting / business economics or similar academic background;
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience and (proven) managerial experience;
- Vast knowledge of Dutch GAAP (IFRS knowledge would be a plus) and consolidation;
- Commercial, service-minded, hands-on and dynamic attitude plus international mind-set;
- Strong analytical skills and leading by example;
- Excellent (interpersonal) communication skills, both verbal and written (Dutch and English);
- Good planning and time management/prioritization skills (manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines and producing quality work); and
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously as well as liaising with other departments within a large organization.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business;
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development;
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support; and
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.