Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our CSR programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
We are currently creating a Strategic Centre of Excellence within the Private Equity and Real Estate (‘PERE’) team in our Dublin, Ireland office to support the recent growth within PERE and are seeking highly motivated individuals to further our expansion.
Citco Fund Services is looking to enhance its Private Equity offering and therefore are looking for a suitably qualified and highly motivated individual with a detailed knowledge of the fund accounting industry. The Account Manager must demonstrate leadership skills in coaching, motivating team members and dealing with client and counterparts in other groups. In addition, the Account Manager will review accounting work and reconciliation packages prepared by staff. This person will also review work to ensure reasonability of all matters affecting the NAV, classification of assets and liabilities, and capital transactions.
Main Job Functions/Tasks
· Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
· Prepare and review financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements
· Prepare and review limited partner and general partner allocations
· Prepare and review trial balances and work paper product
· Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, rebalances and transfers
· Prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations
· Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
· Overall responsibility for client relationships and meetings
· Interact with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients
· Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
· Preparation of client service plans including annual budget
· Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
· Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group,Tax group, and Investor Relations group
· Coordinate, manage and monitor external audit process
· Review private equity fund client’s partnership agreements, PPM’s and other materials
· Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
· Coach, develop, train staff
· Ad hoc reports as needed
· Review trading and operations processes for the Company’s private equity division
· Any other functions required as part of the business of the Company, and reporting to the Managing Director.
· 5+ years Fund Accounting
· Private Equity accounting experience
· Experience in managing and marketing a new business unit
· Skills in negotiation, business planning and budgeting, margin analysis, rating agency relations and technical accounting
· Strong knowledge of waterfall structures, modeling and calculations
· Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting
· Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
· Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals