At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
Work Location : Sudan - Khartoum Type of Post : Accompanied - Family
Other Possible Location : Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : Greater than 50% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH Application Deadline :
Employee Duration :
CARE seeks an Economic Empowerment and Peace Building Coordinator to manage and supervise CARE’s Every Voice Counts (EVC) and Darfur Community Peace and Stability Fund (DCPSF) projects in East and South Darfur states. The program targets young men, women, pastoralists and farmers seeking inclusiveness in leadership, decision making, local peace building and development planning. The program aims at enhancing the influence of communities, excluded groups and civil society on local decision making, recovery and development planning. The Economic Empowerment and Peace Building Coordinator will provide close follow-up and support to the program staff in Darfur to implement the projects objectives and targets, technical and managerial needs.
The Economic Empowerment and Peace Building Coordinator will demonstrate strong commitment to CARE’s core values, have strong program management experience and a proven track record in managing highly motivated teams with a shared vision and passion for achieving program goals and targets. S/he will ensure project activities are implemented and verified as planned with the allocated budget and time line in accordance with the project technical documents and budgets; Follow-up and monitor local NGOs implementing partners activities and take timely corrective action; contribute to development of new programs and preparation of proposals and budgets for similar interventions.
Reporting to the Director of Program Operations ( DPO), The Economic Empowerment and Peace Building Coordinator will collaborate with field offices, partners and facilitate training/orientation sessions to ensure that all staff are well aware of the projects objectives and knowledgeable of its strategies (good governance, inclusiveness, women empowerment, gender equality; Ensure that women and young men and women are at the center of the project and that partners have the required knowledge, skills and tools to ensure gender transformative approaches which include working with men; facilitate training to the implementing partners on monitoring and reporting as required.
S\he will engage and strengthen relationship with private sector organizations to link our economic empowerment programmes to the private sectors for sustainability; organize partnership forums for feedback, interaction, learning and improved planning; assist the partners’ staff to produce quality planning and implementation through coaching and mentoring; ensure program staff under her/his supervision understands individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security.
• Provide overall responsibility for a coordinated and planned implementation, measurement, monitoring and reporting of the projects and other assigned tasks
• Plan and market the project among key stakeholders including government sector offices
• Lead the integration and link the project interventions with the country office program framework and the country presence review
• Ensure that key capacity building materials are translated in Arabic for use by the target population and stakeholders
• Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity at workplace and program implementation.
• Generate and share regular technical and financial reports timely as per the requirement for donor, government and CARE
• Coordinate with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) unit for effective and efficient flow of information
• Develop a strategy for CARE Sudan on women economic empowerment and peace building integration with other programs
• Explore new and innovative programmes on women economic empowerment
• Identify potential strategic and sub grant partners in the state that can ally with CARE to enhance opportunities to add voices and reach CARE’s impact population groups
• Ensure program staff under her\his supervision understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security
• Master’s/ Bachelors’ degree in Rural Development, Peace Building or related field.
• A minimum of Five (5) years of experience in program management
• Sound conceptual knowledge of approaches relevant to early recovery and development programming and designing interventions in such context in a gender- and conflict-sensitive manner
• Strong skills in networking, representation and building relations with diverse stakeholders
• Ability to manage relations by being sensitive to cultural differences and responding appropriately to different situations
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a highly motivated team.
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
• Working knowledge of Arabic is desired.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.