Prepares multiple general ledger reconciliations including: cash, bank, fixed assets, accruals and liabilities. Needs working knowledge and experience with accounting principles, excel, and accounting software systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and review journal entries and reconciliations for multiple accounts up to and including: banking, cash, pre-paids, depreciation and liabilities.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed and totals accounts.
- Routinely verifies invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records; Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepares and records daily journal entries, verifying that all transactions are properly entered into the G/L.
- Maintains a general awareness of all G/L activities: acts to protect the financial assets and keeps supervisor informed of any concerns.
- Assists with the month-end G/L closing, including preparing monthly journal entries and reviewing monthly journal entries from Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Prepares monthly journal entries consisting of, but not limited to, inventory, insurance, and monthly allocations.
- Supervises and maintains the integrity of the GL by performing various analyses and resolving any irregularities.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of the accounting system.
- Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction for financial aspects are achieved and maintained with operators.
- Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Prior General Ledger experience required
- Casino/Hotel accounting experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.