Oversee and Manage the Beverage Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Orders all liquor, wine, and beer for the property.
- Monitors inventories and reports discrepancies to the director.
- Meets budgeted figures for labor and other expenses.
- Formulates, administers and enforces departmental policies and performance standards.
- Communicates any problems or concerns to Director and other departments as needed.
- Coordinates all activities in the Beverage Department relating to recruiting and selection of applicants.
- Establishes performance and profit objectives for short-term and long-term goals.
- Maintains files in such a way that another manager could perform efficiently in the event of his/her absence.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Ensures a maximum level of service and satisfaction throughout the property, in the area of beverage operations, is achieved and maintained.
- Maintains high sanitation and safety standards.
- Ensures departmental compliance with applicable federal and state laws governing food & beverage.
- Maintains sufficient materials and products in the work location.
- Maintains security of products and areas assigned to department.
- Ensures rotation of products.
- Understands that this is a 24-hour responsibility and is accessible at all times.
- Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established policy.
- Performs any other duties as specified or assigned by the Director or any member of the Executive Management.
- Notifies team members and supervisors of changes in policy and procedure.
- Ensures proper staffing for forecasted volume and budgetary guidelines through proper training of supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
- Possesses complete knowledge of all procedures related to the job.
- Ensures that all guests are treated in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal communications skills to effectively interface with guests, supervisors, and team members.
- Prior experience is necessary as well as a proven track record demonstrating sound judgment and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to understand and communicate Material Safety Data Sheets to all team members.
- Communicates all concerns and observations to the Director.
- Supports all departments with any requests or assistance.
- Ability to communicate with Team members and guests
- Ability to be a TEAM player
- Ability to successfully fulfill the pre-employment process
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of 3 years CASINO Beverage Manager Experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.