Monitors activities in swimming areas to prevent accidents and provide assistance to swimmers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe areas or activities.
· Rescues swimmers in danger of drowning and administers first aid.
· Maintains order in swimming areas.
· Enforces the company rules concerning the swimming areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
- Minimum age 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear and be able to work in outside weather conditions which include extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Red Cross certification and certified in CPR.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.