Responsible for performing various maintenance jobs and repairs in and around the service stations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes daily visual inspections and minor repairs on all service station related systems and equipment.
- Responds to radio, telephone and verbal requests for maintenance and repairs throughout the service stations.
- Assists store managers and director as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees.
- Ability to apply commonsense and understanding to carry out detailed and written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop and crawl in small areas; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls; and frequently lift and/or move objects from 50 pounds and up.
- The work environment frequently requires the handling and use of hazardous, corrosive and flammable chemicals. The ability to read, comprehend and implement material safety data sheets is required. The noise level regularly ranges from extreme noise requiring ear protection to moderate levels.
- The employee is frequently required to work on equipment that may contain live electrical parts, high pressure vessels/piping and spring loaded apparatuses. The ability to read, comprehend and implement lock-out tag-out procedures is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.