Primary focus of responsibility will be to assist valet and bell attendants by writing tickets for guest as they arrive and to retrieve tickets and pull keys as guest depart while demonstrating the highest level of customer service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); must have at least one (1) year of customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Writing valet/bell tickets to arriving guest.
- Retrieving valet/bell tickets and pulling guest keys for valet attendants upon guest departure.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the valet/bell department.
- Provide positive, genuine customer service standards including but not limited to courtesy, sincerity and enthusiasm to all guests and patrons of the Hotel.
- Acknowledge guests and executives with a friendly greeting.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Be familiar with all hotel services, features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Always have valet/bell tickets on person to assist guests.
- Greet and ask all guests if they are checking in to the hotel and if they need valet/bell assistance.
- Genuinely thanks all departing guests.
- As necessary parks and retrieves guest and patrons vehicles using care and caution at all times, following all departmental rules and regulations as well as driving safety rules.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Pick up trash, sweeps valet/bell areas, keep valet/bell booths clean.
- Performs duties of traffic control and monitoring driveway lanes to efficiently park and retrieve guests’ vehicles.
- Must be able to assist guests with loading and unloading luggage in absence of a bell attendant.
- Opens and closes car doors for all guests.
- Drive all types of vehicles including standard and manual transmissions.
- Records every valet retrieval in log.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.