Responsible for accepting reservations and bookings for rooms, golf packages and show tickets for multiple properties through multiple platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers all incoming calls requesting reservations and/or bookings for rooms, golf packages and show tickets.
- Answers inquiries over the telephone regarding casino promotions, entertainment events and hotel rates.
- Inputs all reservations for rooms, golf packages and show tickets into the computer system.
- Assists guests with special requests and provides information as needed.
- Coordinates with the Front Desk, VIP Services and Entertainment on availability of rooms, spaces, tickets, special promotions, etc.
- Checks expected arrival reports to ensure that proper reservation procedures are being followed.
- Confirms tentative reservations of clients through telephone or fax.
- Runs hotel occupancy reports based on confirmed reservations daily.
- Logs the phone system off every night. Performs other duties as may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate clearly to internal and external guests.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods; use hands to handle objects, tools or controls and operate computer; and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have at least six (6) months related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
- Multi-lingual capabilities are not required, but advantageous.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.
- LMS, Opera or AS400 experience preferred.