- Responsible for registering the guests in and out of the hotel.
- Greets the guests registering into the hotel in a professional and friendly manner.
- Registers the guests in the hotel by entering their information in the computer, assigning rooms according to the needs or preferences of the guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accepts payments in cash, travelers check or credit card; issues receipts and gives the room key and change as needed.
- Directs the guests the way to their rooms and calls for bellman to assists guests in transporting their luggage as necessary.
- Checks the guests out of the hotel.
- Computes expenses incurred during their stay such as phone calls, pay-per-view movies ordered, room service, etc.
- Accepts payments for expenses incurred, issues receipts and gives change as necessary. Retrieves the room key.
- Coordinates with Bellman regarding luggages for pick up in the room of guests checking out of the hotel.
- Books or makes future reservations for guests.
- Accepts payment for advanced bookings, issues receipts and gives change as necessary.
- Answers phone calls for guests, takes down messages and relays the same to the guests when they pick up their key from the front desk.
- Coordinates with departments concerned regarding room availability and other matters related to front desk operations.
- Coordinates with housekeeping the rooms that are to be vacated for the day to ensure that these are cleaned and ready for occupancy as soon as possible.
- Answers phone inquiries on room availability, rates, promotions, etc.Assists the guests in their special requests, complaints and problems.
- Prints all transactions at the end of the shift and reconciles totals on the computer printout against cash on hand.
- Prepares and balances the shift end report before submitting to immediate supervisor.
- Keeps the front desk neat and clean at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have at least six (6) months related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 21 years old.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.