Assists the Manager with the operations of the travel centers, including overseeing the activities of the Primm Center Reps and Porters to ensure smooth operation, training and development, merchandising the stores, procurement, and full understanding and adherence to all required policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists and oversees, in the absence of the manager, the efficient operations of gas stations, truck stops/travel centers.
- Understand and implement required programs, manage and monitor compliance with our branded partners (Chevron/Flying J).
- Use provided tools (Gas analysis, Chevron Business point, mystery shops, Image Execution Program, Flying J inspections) to assess and improve each site’s performance.
- Ensure diesel transactions are done following the correct procedures and covered with the proper documentation.
- Assists with the proper operation of the truck scale. Coordinates with leasing company matters/ problems encountered.
- Ensure the display shelves and towel dispensers are properly stocked.
- Maintains inventory of truck products and sundries for sale in the Truck Stop.
- Prepares requisitions to replenish the same as the need arises.
- Checks the shift end reports to ensure that these are accurate, correct and balanced. Corrects errors as the need arises.
- Performs the duties of the department as the need arises. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Responsibilities include training employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Trains new hires on all operational procedures and MORE Guest service standards.
- Schedules shifts, breaks and lunches according to workload to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Assure compliance with all EPA, State and Federal regulatory requirements for gas station operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
- Must be able to travel to Flying J and/or Chevron headquarters for company training and certification events. Travel is less than 5% of anticipated job responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate strong employee engagement to lead a team across different locations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. .
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; and ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk around the counter; use hands to handle objects and operate the computer, scanner and cash register. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to obtain A/B EPA Underground Storage Tank (UST) operator certification and train Class C UST operators.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Operations preferred.
Minimum Two (2) years of high volume customer service and cash handling skills required, preferably in a similar environment.
Minimum Four (4) years of management experience required, preferably in a high volume fuel station or travel center or fast paced guest service environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Clark County Health card and Alcohol Awareness card required.
- Valid state Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification from both Chevron and Flying J
Must be able to effectively communicate in English. The ability to speak and understand Spanish is helpful.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience, including strength in Excel. Point of sale/cash register experience is required, as well is inventory/ordering system experience.