- Greets and welcomes arriving guests in front of the hotel.
- Opens the car door for the guests.
- Offers Bell assistance and to unload luggage of guests.
- Assists in the unloading of luggage.
- Takes down pertinent data in the valet ticket; places upper portion of ticket on keyring of car to be parked and hands customer lower portion to be used in retrieving the car.
- Checks the car for existing damage and marks the back of ticket to make the guest aware of it before parking the car.
- Records time and drives the car to assigned parking space.
- Retrieves the car from parking space and returns it to the guest in exchange for the ticket.
- Assists in the loading of luggage in the car.
- Promotes positive customer service by assisting guests with information and special requests.
- Patrols the parking area to prevent thefts, vandalism and other crimes to occur.
- Maintains an inventory of Valet Booth supplies.
- Maintains the general cleanliness of the Valet Booth and surrounding area.
- Directs traffic in the hotel driveway as the need arises.
- Arranges parking lots to accommodate more cars and puts up signs during upcoming events and weekends.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Must obtain a resent DMV printout.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers , clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and run; use hands to handle objects; and occasionally lift and/or move objects from 20 pounds and up.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is exposed to different weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); must have at least six (6) months related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have valid driver's license.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.