As a Factory Certification Manager, you are responsible for Fair Trade USA’s factory certification process. This includes successfully operating, developing and implementing tools, methodologies, and strategies to optimize an accessible, efficient and credible assurance program with our factory partners and Conformity Assurance Bodies (CABs). You actively contribute to ongoing issue resolution and systems improvement. You are passionate about our mission, curious and dynamic. As an ideal candidate, you have experience in sustainability, auditing or assurance in the apparel and home goods industry and understand global supply chains.
The Certification Department ensures compliance with the Fair Trade USA Standards and guarantees claims throughout each product’s supply chain. This individual will work within a team of Certification Managers and report to the Certification Director, additionally working with the Factory Support Services and Business Development teams to align programs and activities with suppliers.
- Manage audit process for factories
- Coordinate audit activities to maintain annual cycles on schedule
- Review audit reports of all factories and contribute to certification decisions
- Communicate certification status and necessary compliance evidence to factories
- Oversee Corrective Action Plans progress and provide guidance on non-conformity status
- Manage relationships with CABs
- Support CABs in audit scheduling and providing excellent audit reports
- Improve and maintain auditor resources, including the audit tool
- Co-create, improve and conduct CAB and factory auditor trainings
- Manage systems and folders to ensure program execution accuracy
- Ensure internal systems are updated according to milestones and audit results
- Prepare audit folders and provide complete and timely audit tool to CABs
- Ensure procedural exceptions are documented and results analyzed
- Contribute to program improvement
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal and external policies and procedures
- Act as subject matter expert in Staff Help Center for factory Certification questions
- Collaborate with Standards to liaise on compliance interpretation
- Contribute to the implementation and overall goals of the Certification team
- Work effectively as a team member, supporting peers and providing insights to improve service, efficiency, and Certification systems for the Apparel and Home Goods program
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of four years of related prior work experience in certification, verification, auditing, auditor training, sustainability or quality management systems.
- Good understanding of global apparel supply chains, manufacturing processes, the related potential for social, economic, and environmental impacts, and industry sustainability strategies.
- Strong project/process management skills and accountability, with demonstrated ability to manage projects of diverse sizes, set realistic goals and objectives, and balance multiple priorities.
- Track record of exceptional customer service, supported by outstanding oral and written communication skills, and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively, problem solve, and handle detail-oriented projects in a systematic and organized manner.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-starter/learner able to work both independently and as a team player.
- Strong work ethics and likes to have fun on the job.
- Positive outlook, diplomatic and adept at conflict resolution.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, with Salesforce, Tableau and RizePoint a plus.
- A passion for Fair Trade USA’s mission, vision, and accomplishments.
- Oral and written skills in languages other than English a plus.
To Apply: Please submit both a resume and a cover letter