Fair Trade USA's Impact and Standards teams define Fair Trade principles and objectives via the Impact Management System, as well as program requirements based on Fair Trade principles. The Vice President for Standards and Impact is responsible for the strategic development and operational implementation of these two key elements of Fair Trade USA’s system—jointly leveraging them to support ongoing program research, design improvements, and innovations to drive impact for the participants in the Fair Trade program and value for partners across the supply chain. Exploring ways that Fair Trade USA’s Impact Management System and Standards can add more value for producers and business partners will be a key objective for this role, ensuring the program is one that drives change and instills confidence with the key stakeholders of Fair Trade. The Vice President plays a critical role as a leader and senior expert in designing the organization’s future operational model in partnership with other internal leaders while also enabling change across the organization.
Working across all programs, including agriculture, seafood, apparel and home goods, and trade, the Vice President of Standards and Impact will manage a highly motivated and talented team of standards and monitoring and evaluation professionals. The role supports the team in developing and following processes to ensure harmonization and consistency across programs, and efficiency to support scaling. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an inspiring leader who is passionate about working for a high growth, innovative organization helping to improve the lives of farmers, fishermen and workers around the world.
- Support team members by fostering a collaborative, motivating and positive environment for the highly skilled and passionate team members through coaching and mentorship.
- Lead the strategic planning process for the Standards and Impact Department and contribute to cross organizational strategy and planning.
- Manage the department budget, set and monitor OKRs to best meet the strategic objectives of the department.
- Lead the department in aligning Fair Trade USA’s evolving standards and impact management systems, ensuring clear communication and interpretation of the systems, requirements, and their outputs.
- Lead the department in driving improvements to organizational learning and innovation to ensure credibility while supporting organization’s business and impact growth objectives.
- Develop strategies to enable scale and support positive change management, with support from senior team members and in partnership with the Data, Quality, Certification and Technology teams.
- Engage with and manage relationships with key external stakeholders, including external committees or experts providing oversight and advice to Standards and Impact teams.
- Enable positive collaboration across the organization in partnership with the Fair Trade USA business category and other functional department leads.
- Ensure high quality customer service to both internal staff and external customers.
- Communicate the role and value of Fair Trade USA’s Standards and Impact work internally and externally.
- Represent Standards and Impact externally in conferences and partner meetings, acting as a content expert in the industry and working to raise the profile of Fair Trade USA.
- Regularly engage the Executive Leadership team and support the Chief of Standards, Certification and Impact in engaging the Fair Trade USA Board.
- A minimum of ten years' management experience leading teams in a complex service-oriented work environment
- Multiple years’ experience working in standards, monitoring and evaluation, certification, producer support services or quality management systems, including experience working in the developing world.
- Demonstrated understanding of social and environmental issues in the sectors in which Fair Trade USA operates.
- Demonstrated track record in developing policies and procedures to enable scale and ensure credibility.
- Experience in designing and implementing innovative systems and services aimed at building greater value for a range of stakeholders and partners
- A strategic thinker with the ability to engage in whole of business strategies and operations and make recommendations balancing a variety of stakeholder interests.
- Strong leader and communicator with track record of building relationships and instilling confidence in senior management, the organization and with external stakeholders
- Strong track record of managing and developing team members
- A strong aptitude for the foundations of business, and experience of working in a high growth environment.
- High integrity, sound judgment, comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to lead change and enable a culture of learning.
- Experience developing, writing, or interpreting social and environmental standards and/or theories of change and monitoring and evaluation systems desirable.
- Technologically competent, with experience using data management and CRM systems and high degree of proficiency in MS Office applications
- A positive can-do attitude, and the ability to deliver under pressure
- Passion for Fair Trade USA’s mission, vision, and values
- Oral and written Spanish skills strongly preferred
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Clay Brown, Chief of Standards, Certification & Impact Assessment.