This position is responsible for increasing our positive impact on employees in manufacturing facilities by supporting brands and growing sales of Fair Trade Certified™ (FTC) Apparel and Home Goods. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic team member to work with FTUSA’s current brand partners, and increase the number of businesses offering and promoting Fair Trade CertifiedTM products.
Day-to-day, that means you will be (a) managing ongoing relationships with top global brands; (b) educating companies about the importance of Fair Trade, and figuring out how to make Fair Trade work for their business; (c) working hand-in-hand with our dynamic supply chain, certification, and standards teams to ensure successful outcomes at FTC factories; and (d) work with our impact and marketing teams to help understand the impacts of the program and communicate these impacts to brand partners and their customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Account Management:
- Support existing FTUSA brand partners and FTC factory suppliers on all day to day business needs, helping them to achieve their Fair Trade expansion goals and promote their Fair Trade Certified offerings.
- Work across the FTUSA organization with our supply chain and certification teams to help support existing and on-board new factories which serve these accounts.
- Work with the FTUSA marketing department and our partners on promotions and tools to maximize consumer outreach.
- Account Management Systemization:
- Support the team in building systems and value-added services to our brands, to help them market, sell and educate consumers on the benefits of Fair Trade. This includes supporting materials for marketing FTC products, to collecting and communicating certification and impact information for these accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with retailer and consumer brands working in corporate level sales, account management, or consulting.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and collaborate with your peers to achieve deliverables.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to move at the speed of business. Strong verbal and written communication skills - excellent at following up on leads and negotiation.
- Comfortable interacting with everyone from Fortune 100 (can access the C suite) to smaller businesses, brands and retailers. Strong public speaking skills.
- Comprehension of sustainable, economic, and social development programs and approaches. You believe deeply that most current approaches to the planet and its people doesn’t work, and you want to make things better.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Takes initiative to problem-solve and provide innovative ideas and program improvements.
- Confident individual contributor, but excels at collaboration and working as a team player with your peers, and external constituents to deliver the best results.
- Demonstrated success dealing with complex programs and multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Can travel frequently to meet with prospective partners, attend trade shows or industry events.
Finally, you love the idea of bridging business strategy with sustainable development focused on the people and the planet.
To Apply: Please submit both a resume and a cover letter to the attention of Apparel and Home Goods