TNTP seeks part-time summer Operations Interns for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Teaching Residency. This position is based in Charlotte and is available in summer 2019. Occasional travel within Charlotte is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
TNTP and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools partnered together to create the CMS Teaching Residency, a district-operated teacher pipeline and one option for alternative route licensure. The program is recruiting and training secondary math, secondary ELA, secondary science, and general elementary teachers for the 2019-2020 school year.
CMS Teaching Residency prepares candidates to achieve immediate, measurable success with their students in the fall. Our training approach focuses on foundational skills that we believe candidates must have to ensure a strong start to the school year as a new teacher. During their summer field experience and training, candidates rehearse the foundational skills, receive coaching, and practice them with students. Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in these skills in order to successfully complete summer field experience and training and become a teacher of record in the fall.
What You’ll Do
The Operations Intern will work closely with other CMS Teaching Residency staff to help manage the communications, logistics, and school operations for summer field experience and training.
The Operations Intern responsibilities will include:
- Managing operations and supporting the execution of summer training in June-July 2019, managing tasks such as attendance, schedules, technology setup, materials coordination, food, and more.
- Providing strong customer service and overseeing communication with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including district staff, program enrollees, summer school partners, teachers, principals and others
- Managing office operations to ensure strong logistics and coordination throughout the summer
- Working with the CMSTR staff on additional projects as necessary
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
- Experience with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (preferred)
- Strong operations experience with extraordinary attention to detail and professionalism, and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to challenges quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience in a similar position. Operations Intern’s hourly wage is $17 per hour. TNTP offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and valuable feedback, and the chance to impact the direction of a growing, mission-driven company that is committed to the success of our nation’s children. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each day.
Part-Time Operations Intern can expect up between 5 – 20+ hours/week from April 29-August 2nd.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
Please submit your application online.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people